January 2017 - Phone System is Operational
All phone calls can be made to our head office: 416-495-7778. You will then be given options to reach staff or departments/services/housing.
All extentions have a "New 2". If someone had ext 25, the new extension is 225.
We have had on-going internet issues which have interfered with clear phone contact. Our apologies to anyone who experienced disruption in communication.
Bayview House staff has a new phone number 647-347-4455.
Staff Cell Phones - Things to discuss with your Case Manager!
Staff will have cell phones. Clients will be able to communicate with staff via cell phone and text.
ALL CLIENTS ARE ASKED TO CALL THE OFFICE AND REACH STAFF VIA THEIR INDIVIDUAL EXTENSION. CALLS WILL BE FORWARDED TO STAFF CELL PHONES and VOICEMAILS WILL BE DELIVERED TO EMAILS!
Bayview's Policy states that staff and clients must discuss the following:
1. The type of information that can be exchanged through text
2. The amount of notice required to change or cancel appointments and how appointments can be changed or canceled
3. How quickly a text or email will be responded to by both parties
4. Staff work hours and a plan on what the service user is to do when the staff is not available or it is after work hours
5. When the staff or service user will not be picking up their cell phone or answering texts
6. Service user should be aware that any records can be subpoenaed including records of communication via email, text and voicemail
7. Shared understanding regarding the cost considerations to service users of sending text messages
8. Shared understanding that email and texts do not allow for visual cues in communication and can be misinterpreted. A process should be outlined of what would occur if a party if concerned or upset by a message between staff and the service user.
9. Security of the service users’ device and who might have access to the mobile device
10. Agreement of what the staff will do if a service user sends a text that causes the staff to worry that the service user may harm themselves or others.
Bayview Annual General Membership Meeting: August 20th 2015 @ 6:30 p.m.. to 8:30 p.m..
Held at Novotel North York
3 Park Home Ave.
Near the North York Civic Centre
RSVP required. 416-495-7778 x 221